‘[Mary] will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.’
Day 5: Christmas Around The World – Zimbabwe
- Merry Christmas = Moni Wa Chikondwelero Cha Kristmasi
- In Zimbabwe, Christmas day starts with a Church service for most people. After the Church service, everyone has a party in their homes and people go from house to house, visiting all of their family and friends on the way home.
- A lot of people play music outside the front of their house and play their favourite music very loudly.
- Everyone wears their best clothes for Christmas, as for some families, Christmas time is the only time of the year they get new clothes. The parties are a good place to show off their new clothes.
- Children in Zimbabwe open their presents from Santa early on Christmas Day, ready to show their friends at Church and at the parties.
Alphabet Costs 1
Spell the following words and find out how much they cost letter by letter.
- How much would it cost to buy all the letters for the title of your reading book?
- Choose four farm animals and work out what each one would cost?
- Spell your friend’s names, who has the most expensive name?
- Which teacher in our school has the most expensive name?
- Which of your spelling words is the most expensive?
- Which is the most expensive colour of the rainbow?