Gomersal St. Mary’s Nursery aims to provide a welcoming and caring Christian environment which values diversity, promotes equal opportunities and has an ethos of inclusion.
Gomersal St. Mary’s Nursery is committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all our children, whatever their needs or abilities.
Entitlement to Nursery education
Gomersal St. Mary’s C.E. Primary School offers 3 and 4 year olds the entitled 15 hours weekly, free Nursery education for 38 weeks per year, during term time.
Gomersal St. Mary’s Nursery Session times are as follows:
- Morning Session 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Session 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The 15 hour free entitlement will be made up using 5 x 3 hour morning, or afternoon, sessions.
Gomersal St. Mary’s also offers a Breakfast Club provision.
The private provider, Hilltop, offers an after school club and apply separate charging, application and admissions policies.
- The responsibility for determining the admissions for nursery age children lies with the Governing Body of Gomersal St Mary’s School.
- Gomersal St Mary’s has 26 places available for nursery age children in any one of the morning or afternoon sessions.
- The Governing Body has agreed that any available sessions, over and above the 15 hours free weekly provision will be chargeable.
Additional Nursery sessions and charges
- The Nursery additional sessions are subject to availability and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Sessions are charged at £12.00 for 3 hours plus a £3.00 charge from 11.30am – 12.15pm to pay for lunchtime cover. If your child wishes to have a school dinner this will be charged separately. Please ask at the school office for the current price of a school meal. These charges will be reviewed annually.
- Sessions must be arranged half term in advance in agreement with the school.
- Booked sessions cannot be cancelled once booked and must be paid for even if the child does not attend.
- Additional sessions can be added within the week, if there is capacity, but must be paid for in advance.
- If there are still sessions available after the intake for the 15 hours entitlement, the additional sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Invoices for payment of Nursery Additional sessions will be issued at the beginning of the half term and Parent Pay accounts will be invoiced accordingly.
- Full payment must be made before the penultimate week of each half term, before the next half term can be booked.
- If a child is absent, refunds or reductions are not available. (Nursery costs do not reduce if a child is absent).
- There will be no charge for a Bank Holiday, a School Training Day or if the school is used as a polling station.
- Additional Session arrangements will be cancelled if payments are not received in line with contract arrangements.
Cancellation of contract
- The cancellation of the 15 hour free entitlement sessions can be made at any time.
- Additional places cannot be cancelled until the half term is finished.
- If additional sessions are no longer required for a subsequent half term, school cannot guarantee re-instating them. This will depend on availability.