Whenever we use the internet we are putting ourselves at risk. It is really important to follow some simple guidelines and rules to make sure we stay safe.
Internet Usage Rules
- Tell an adult if you see something that upsets you or makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Do not give out personal details on the internet.
- You are not allowed to access web pages (including games) which are:
- Aimed at adults
- Do not download anything without permission from staff.
- You will only be allowed to use the internet if you show you can behave in a mature and sensible way.
- If you don’t follow the rules you could be banned.
Be Safe, Be SMART!
|S–||Secret: Keep your personal details a secret|
|M–||Meeting: Never arrange to meet someone you’ve met on the internet without asking for permission and taking an adult|
|A–||Accepting: Don’t accept attachments or downloads if you don’t know where they came from.|
|R–||Reliable: Can you be sure the person you are talking to is telling the truth?|
|T–||Tell: Tell an adult if something makes you feel uncomfortable|