On Thursday, Year 5 and 6 took part in a workshop about Laws and Debating. This workshop was led by the education team in the Houses of Parliament. The children were asked to debate on issues such as homes for the homeless and they were asked to think of a topic that they could raise with their own MP.
Quotes from Year 5:
- ‘I liked it because I found out lots of information that I did not know before.
- ‘I learned about the House of Lords and the House of Commons and how they work.’
- ‘I learned that it is illegal to carry a ladder or a plank of wood through the streets of London.’
Tasty chocolate treats:
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed money towards year 5’s chocolate topic. There was great excitement across the school as the cookies and milkshakes were handed out.
Quotes from Year 5:
- ‘I liked the experience because it taught us how to make a profit and then how to use that money for our chocolate topic.’
- ‘I liked how we were able to make everyone happy in school.’
- ‘I thought it was a good experience to share with everyone in school. I liked how we offered a cookie to everyone, even those who did not bring their money as God taught us to be kind and share.’
- ‘We cannot wait to use the money we raised to produce our own chocolate.’
We are looking to supplement the outdoor equipment ready for the better weather. This equipment will be available for pupils to play with at playtimes. If you have any of the following items spare could you please donate them to school:
Tea Time Club Monday-Friday
Come along and join us.
We have games to play, pictures to colour, crafts to make plus much more.
Enjoy snack time whilst watching a movie with friends.
To book your child’s place, please call or email the school office.
Mrs Wharton and Miss Hacking
We are still collecting any Christmas jumpers that will be no longer needed this year. Please hand them into your child’s class or to Mrs Earnshaw. This will support the work children in Y6 are doing, learning about how to live more sustainably, helping them to do their part in saving the planet.
A few families have given us their new contact information after receiving new phones for Christmas. If this applies to you, please make sure we have your new number.
Please remember that it is essential that we have the latest contact information for you and your other contacts. Make sure you update these details whenever necessary.
Training Days 21/22 reminder:
Here are the training days for the next school year:
|Thursday 5th May 2022|
|Monday 25th July 2022|
|Tuesday 26th July 2022|
Please don’t forget that school will be closed for Jubilee Day on Friday 27th May.
Yours sincerely, Miss J. Barker