We are currently working towards our Harvest Festival which will take place on Tuesday 6th October. Families of pupils in Years 1 and 2 are welcome to join us so, if you are able to, please come along to St Mary’s Church at 10.45am on Tuesday.
For our Harvest Appeal this year we are joining St Mary’s Church in supporting the Cleckheaton Refugee Crisis Appeal. The Church will be open from 10.30am-12.30pm on Saturday 24th October for people to drop off their donations and stay to join in their coffee morning if you wish. At the same time ‘The Great Gomersal Bake Off’ will take place where you can enter a cake or just go along and eat the delicious entries! See the poster on the reverse of this letter for more details.
If you would like to make a donation, but can’t make it to Church on that date, then please drop off your donations at school on Friday 23rd October and we will pass them on.
I have attached a copy of the donations request list provided by Reverend Karen. There are a range of products on it so hopefully you will be able to spot something you could provide to support this cause.
Many thanks for your support.
These are really tough times for the refugees across Europe and you will have probably seen the heartbreaking articles in recent days and we want to help in any way we can. Anyone near to us here in Cleckheaton can help, please do!
- a. collecting specific items to help the refugees currently in Calais, looking to do a Calais delivery in October. Mainly men’s clothes etc (list below)
- b. collecting clothing and items that will either go to refugees elsewhere or that will be sold with ALL proceeds going to a charity supplying aid on the ground to refugees around Europe.
- c. collecting items we can sell at our ‘Donate & Buy’ sale (date TBC) or items that we can use as Tombola prizes as any of our upcoming events.
- d. Collecting money, having coffee mornings & afternoon teas and regular drop offs & sorting days so we can really raise as much money as possible
Please see the lists below, start collecting, share this page with all your friends and get them collecting too, let’s make a difference.
1) COLLECTIONS for CALAIS – ITEMS NEEDED:
Clothing – Please keep in mind it’s nearly winter and we will need warm clothing and we are desperate for male clothing
- Jackets – urgent (no wool coats)
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Underwear – especially women’s (pants that can be used with sanitary towels are needed rather than strings/ thongs)
- Good Leggings
- Thermal Tights
- Shoes – MOST URGENT
- PLEASE, make sure that shoes are sporty, trainers or walking shoes, no city leather shoes, no heels, no wellies! We need mostly men’s shoes, but women’s trainers are fine too and can be given to boys as well.
Shelter and living
- Tents – urgently, big sized tents are best as people like to live together, and they can allow standing up.
- Thick plastic sheeting – mainly used for agriculture (they make shelters from this)
- Tarps and groundsheets – again to build shelters, the bigger the better.
- Sleeping bags, blankets and duvets – urgent
- Mattresses, sleeping mats
- Coleman type stoves
- Pots, pans, kettle (not electric as they don’t have this) – some people are making up packages with a couple of pans, plastic plates/cups, sponge and cleaning products
- CANDLES NEEDED DESPERATELY
- With regards to tents we will be delighted for anything we can get, although due to the weather and the constant use strong/heavy/canvas/army type would last far longer
- Unisex hygiene kits containing toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shower gel, body lotion
- Disposable razors (cheap ones and don’t include these in the wash bag)
- Please note we no longer require sanitary pads – the women’s centre now has plenty thanks to kind donations. All that have been donated here will be given to refugee women in the North East
- All non-perishable food – TINNED kidney beans, white beans, chick-peas, peas and carrots, green beans (no tinned pasta)
- Rice, flour, (little or no pasta, NO couscous, NO bulgur, NO oatmeal)
- Oil, LOTS of oil
- Tomatoes in all forms (sauce, paste), LOTS of it
- Long Life milk
- Cleaning products – washing up liquid, washing powder
- BIN BAGS – urgently needed!!!
2) COLLECTIONS for FUNDRAISING – ITEMS NEEDED
- Children’s clothing, shoes and hats etc
- Children’s toys & teddies
- Nappies / wipes
- Women’s clothing