We are becoming concerned that some parents are taking holidays in term time without authorisation first.
The Governors have discussed this at length and have taken the decision to issue Penalty Notices for holidays taken without authorisation with immediate effect.
They wish to make it clear that:
- Any request must be made in writing for any holiday taken in term time.
- Authorisation will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
- Parents who take children out of school for holidays or any other reason will be issued with a Penalty Notice in line with DoE Guidance and School Policy.
- The Penalty Notice will be issued to each parent of each child. Each Penalty Notice will be for £60 if it is paid within 28 days, it will increase to £120 if paid after 28 days but within 42.
- Failure to pay the Penalty Notice could result in Kirklees Children and Young People Service starting legal proceedings against you for the offence of not ensuring your child’s attendance at school.
- The fines are issued and collected by the Local Authority. The school does not benefit in any way.
There is a clear link between poor attendance and low achievement. We want all our children to achieve, so please ensure they do not miss out on their education.